- 1. Introduction
- 1.2 We may update the Policy at any time by updating this posting, for legal or regulatory reasons, or to allow the proper operation of the Company Site. Any changes to the Policy will be effective immediately when posted on the Company Site. The changes will apply to the use of the Company Site, after we have given you notice. You should periodically check this page and the date of the most recent update above. If you do not wish to accept the new Policy, you should not continue to use the Company Site. If you continue to use the Company Site after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Company Site indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Policy.
- 1.3 If you have any queries about this Policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your question.
- 2. What personal information do we collect
- 2.1 When you send us a message, sign up to receive emails, newsletters or other promotional communications, enter a contest or sweepstakes and/or when you otherwise voluntarily submit or provide information to us you may be required to provide the following information about yourself to us:
- 2.1.1 First name and last name,
2.1.3 Email address,
2.1.4 Phone Number.
- 2.2 When you visit the Company Site, our web server automatically records your IP address. This IP address is not directly linked to any of your personal information. We use IP addresses to help us administer the Company Site and to collect demographic information for aggregation purposes and have a retention policy of 1 month.
- 2.3 We may also gather other non-personal, non-identifiable information (from which we cannot identify you) such as the type of your internet browser, which we use to provide you with a more effective service.
- 2.4 Any personal information will be retained in accordance with our obligations under the latest EU Data Protection legislation.
- 3. How and why we collect this Information
- 3.1 We will use this information solely for the purpose for which it was collected and for administrative and analytical purposes, including but not limited to:
- 3.1.1 Replying to any messages that you send us.
- 3.1.2 Sending you information about our products and services.
- 3.1.3 Obtaining your views or comments on the products and services we provide.
- 3.1.4 Contacting the winners of our competitions and helping us plan other promotional activity.
- 3.2 If you do not wish to receive information from the Company with regards to any forms of communication that you have opted-in to receive from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by sending a request via email to email@example.com. Please also see section 8 of this Policy that describes your rights with respect to your personal data.
- 4. How we secure your data
- 4.1 We have put in place processes specifically to prevent your personal data being lost, accidentally deleted, altered or accessed in an unauthorised way. All of our employees and any 3rd parties with access to your personal data are also limited in terms of what they can access to only what is necessary.
- 5. Cookies
- 5.1 What is a cookie
A cookie is a small piece of data that may be stored on your computer or mobile device. It allows a website to “remember” your actions or preferences over a length of time.
- 5.2 How are they used on this site
This site uses 2 different types of cookie,
- Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies
Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used as part of the login process for security purposes. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
The following cookies are used on this site:
|complianceCookie||Stores a persistent token that indicates whether you have viewed our cookie popup when initially visiting our site.||Expires after 6 months|
|language||Stores a temporary identifier for your session indicating what language is relevant to where you are browsing from – no other information is stored. This cookie is removed when you close your browser.||Expires on exit of browser|
- 6. How we share your data
- 6.1 This information may be shared with other companies within the Richard Boyle & Sons (2004) Ltd. group of companies or with any 3rd parties where there is a requirement in order to provide you with a service.
- 6.2 We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- 6.3 We engage trusted third parties to perform certain services in connection with the operation of our business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, operation of our Company Site, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, sweepstakes and contest administration and fulfilment, Company Site evaluation, data analysis and data cleansing. These third parties may have access to information, including your Identifiable Personal Information, you provide and/or information collected from you through technologies, but we authorise them to use your Identifiable Personal Information only in connection with the services they perform on our behalf. We may permit such third parties to disclose Personal Information to subcontractors, but only if the third party limits the subcontractors use of such Personal Information to services performed on our behalf.
- 6.4 Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a Court Order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- 7. Transferring your Information Outside Europe
- 7.1 As part of the services offered to you through the Site, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Union (EU). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are located in a country outside of the EU, or one of our service providers is located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to Ireland but if we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take all steps to ensure that your privacy rights and that all 3rd party policies with respect to your personal data continue to be protected as per the latest EU data protection legislation.
- 8. Your rights with respect your personal data
- As per the latest EU Data Protection legislation, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- 8.1.1 The right to be informed
8.1.2 The right of access
8.1.3 The right to rectification
8.1.4 The right to erasure
8.1.5 The right to restrict processing
8.1.6 The right to data portability
8.1.7 The right to object
8.1.8 Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific queries that you have with regards to our policies.
- 9. Security
- We have implemented technology and policies to safeguard your privacy from unauthorised access and improper use. Due to the inherent nature of the internet and wireless communications, however, we cannot 100% guarantee that such information will be secure from intrusion or breach.
- 10. Linking to Third Party Websites
- 10.1 We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other sites, even if you access them using links from the Site, and recommend that you check the policy of each site which you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- 10.2 In addition, if you have linked to this site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- 11. Contact us
- We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, you may do so at any time by emailing a request to email@example.com.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Boyles of Killorglin, Laharn, Killorglin, Co. Kerry.